394Re: Hammock Camping Re: what to choose

  • Reilly
    Jan 31, 2003
      If you are looking for a light tarp you might buying the rain fly from Hennessey.  They will sell any fly they make separately from the hammock.
      ALso, have you looked into Hennessey's close-out sale on their older models.  There are some really good deal here.  Perhaps a few ounces heavier than their newer models but still (I think) nicer than other hammocks.
      (this really wasn't supposed to be an advertisement for HH!  I just happen to think they have good quality stuff)
      Consider the Byers of Main modle with the solid nylon bottom.  I
      think Campmor has it for under $20. It weighs under a pound.  Add a
      cheap 8 x 10 tarp (heavy) and bug netting  for rain and bugs.  One
      reason the hammocks like the Spear and HH are as expensive as they
      are is the tarp.  Light weight tarps are expensive. You could also
      check out the DIY material Ed has on his site.  Hope this helps.

      Coy Boy

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "SG <stgga@y...>"