3938Re: [Hammock Camping] TravelPod weight:

  • Robert Moore
    Dec 4, 2003
      Your're right, DebW should get credit for the first pod other than the peapod so she may get an invitation to the hammocking hall of fame too. I think she was also one of the first to wrap a hammock with a sleeping bag, this via whiteblaze.net
      Of course in her environs a warm hammock is def. a challenge.

      Dave Womble <dpwomble@...> wrote:
      I think it sounds a lot like the Hammock Bivy DebW put together last
      winter.  Take a look:

      http://tinyurl.com/xqgi

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Per-Arne Asp" <per-
      arne.asp@t...> wrote:
      > Hi all!
      >
      > I'm making my own TravelPod just now. It will have rather heavy
      > waterproof fabric in the bottom (80 g/m2 ~ 3 oz/y2) and a light
      > Pertex DWR on top (50 g/m2 ~ 1.9 oz/y2). It will have a full Velcro
      > opening and drawstrings at the ends.
      >
      > With a waterproof bottom the pod can double as a ground sheet/
      bivvy
      > bag for those occations when there are no trees. At least thats my
      > intention. New name: BivvyPod? I hope it will work. What do you
      think?

      > //p-a

      Do you Yahoo!?
      Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now