3929Re: [Hammock Camping] TravelPod weight:

  • Debra Weisenstein
    Dec 4, 2003
      Sounds similar to my hammock bivy, which is displayed in the photo
      section of this group. Mine had waterproof bottom and Goretex top.
      Looks much like a standard bivy, but extended ends and strips of
      velcro to pass the hammock straps through.

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Per-Arne Asp"
      <per-arne.asp@t...> wrote:
      > Hi all!
      >
      > I'm making my own TravelPod just now. It will have rather heavy
      > waterproof fabric in the bottom (80 g/m2 ~ 3 oz/y2) and a light
      > Pertex DWR on top (50 g/m2 ~ 1.9 oz/y2). It will have a full Velcro
      > opening and drawstrings at the ends.
      >
      > With a waterproof bottom the pod can double as a ground sheet/ bivvy
      > bag for those occations when there are no trees. At least thats my
      > intention. New name: BivvyPod? I hope it will work. What do you think?
      >
      > //p-a
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic