3880Re: REI

  • Steve
    Dec 2, 2003
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "canoetrip_2000"
      <firefly@e...> wrote:
      > I just looked at the REI website for the first time in a long time
      > and they are selling HH! What a surprise!
      > Marsanne

      Hi, Marsanne. When I was in the market for a hammock a couple of
      months ago, I dropped by the new REI near my home. While they had a
      HH exped asym in stock (and I do mean one, and only the exped asym),
      they didn't have anywhere to put it up. The sales person wasn't
      very excited about taking it out of the bag, and they obviously
      wouldn't let me take it home to try it out. (In retrospect, I
      thought I could have just bought it, and taken it home to try out
      with the intention of returning it, but am not sure I'm comfortable
      with the ethics of that...) So, while I agree that they are now
      selling them - they sure aren't selling them very well at my local
      REI!

      Cheers!

      Steve
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic