3863Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: boat hammock

  • ra1@imrisk.com
    Dec 1, 2003
      Quoting alidisaster <alastair.dent@...>:

      > I have about 7 ft - hence the thought about using spreader bars. The
      > hammock only needs to fit my son - though it would be great if I
      > could fit in it!
      > When touring the replica of the Endeavour, I saw the hammocks used by
      > the sailors. Officers got fancier models with spreaders. Think they
      > used a canvas material.

      I can barely sleep in a bed 7 feet long. Two choices: Give him a hammock and
      have him camp on an island until you return someday, or tie him up and throw him
      in the hold. Well, if he is a good kid, let him sleep in the cockpit in a bivy bag.

      I have considered hanging a hammock between the mast and the backstay of my 22
      foot sail boat - or perhaps from the boom. However, I decided that was too
      crazy for even me.

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic