      From: subypower <a9144me@...>
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com <hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Saturday, November 29, 2003 7:39 PM
      Subject: [Hammock Camping] Re: piece of mind was travelpod and balaclava

      risk try taking a knife into the hammock with you, it might be that
      piece of mind thing that can let you sleep less worry free.

      well  lets see the things a bring in to the hammock with me are: the
      top bag from my pack which i put the following things ( my hammock
      fits in it perfectly btw), and in that goes a small water bottle, a
      snack or 2, if solo a hand gun, and last but not least a sharp
      knife.  also i put a shirt or socks in it so it works for a pillow.

      my reasons for each are snack and water are obvious... handgun is
      also obvious, and sense i use a hennessey hammock the knife might be
      very nessessary if something goes wrong like the foot end tree falls
      on me and pins the bottom of the hammock down.  as a matter of fact i
      carry a knife everywhere i can and it has been very useful including
      possibly saving a life once.

      BTW i have come up with a new hammock design that crosses the HH with
      the speer and should weigh about 1 lb in it lightest set up, it is a
      modular design so you only have to carry what you will need for
      expected weather. i will post more later as the prototype is built

      white knight
      aka scott