3832Re: [Hammock Camping] TravelPod - a new insulator

  • Risk
    Nov 28 7:11 AM
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Robert Moore <simva4040@y...>
      > Risk-Beautiful job on teh TravelPod....can't say how good it looks
      except outstanding...I will be ordering more sil-nyl to copy you,
      still have 12 oz of Primaloft left over from a previous order for
      underquilts, maybe the two materials will get together.
      > Medicine Man
      I'll be interested in your try... Personally, I will not make a sack
      like this with silnylon unless it were against my skin. I believe
      this contraption, made from silnylon would soak my sleeping bag with
      my own insensitive water loss from skin.

      BTW, details on measurements later, but even with my 4 foot wide
      hammock, I needed to add about 8 inches of width to a standard 60 inch
      wide piece of cloth to do the design. It requires a piece of cloth 8
      feet by six feet, but can be done with a piece 8x5 if the scraps from
      head and foot are pieced into the central 5 feet of one long edge.

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic