3831Re: [Hammock Camping] TravelPod - a new insulator

  • Risk
    Nov 28, 2003
      "Coy" wrote:
      > Yep That looks pretty cool...OK warm. Is the 1.1 oz nylon coated.
      > I suspect not so it will breathe a little. Like Patrick asked: How
      > much does it weigh?

      Uncoated ripstop... I have to admit to guessing about the material.
      It was bought as 1.9 oz ripstop seconds. However, it feels much more
      like 1.1 oz ripstop. It is the material from the only hammock I have
      ever had fail. Therefore I believe it is 1.1 oz.

      Yep, I would *not* advise making one out of silnylon. It needs to
      breathe.

      Weight: "patience, Grasshopper..."