369RE: Hammock Camping Pee Bottle in Hammock

  • Shane Steinkamp
    Jan 29, 2003
      > Maybe it's an age thing Shane. I'm 55 and need to empty
      > the ol' bladder 2-4 times a night. If I have to get up,
      > then I fully wake up and find it hard to get back to
      > sleep. These things didn't bother me in my younger years
      > when the bladder worked better....Ed

      Ah! Well then that makes sense. I hop in and out of my hammock so fast
      that it's like getting in and out of bed, so I was wondering why some folks
      seemed so lazy about it. I usually get up about 2:00 AM and stay up until
      about 3:00. I have never figured out why, but it has been noted by others.

      I have terrible insomnia anyway, but with a twist. Either I lay down and
      pass out cold almost instantly, or I never sleep at all...

      I can also respect wanting to stay warm. The cold can make everything
      unpleasant, and the north wind whistling through your crevice at 2 AM is
      pretty high on my list of things to avoid...

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic