3388Re: Hammock Camping First-time hammocker cool-weather help

  • sjsierra2002
    Nov 3, 2003
      Skylander, Rick, Ed -- This is helpful. I'm trying to walk the line
      between carrying too much stuff (since I'm out for four days solo and
      am trying to keep weight low) and having enough gear to stay warm. I
      would prefer not to carry a second pad. Do others think it'll be
      necessary? I'll definitely have extra clothing.

      If it seems as though the hammock won't work out, I'll bring my
      tarptent instead. But I'm really hoping to be able to do the hammock
      in comfort!

      Thanks to all for your hints.

      Bunchberry

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, ra1@i... wrote:
      > Another trick to have up your sleave is to fold the target pad back
      on itself so
      > it is twice as thick. Position it so it is between your shoulders
      and your bottom.

      > Rick
      >
      > Quoting Ed Speer <info@s...>:
      >
      > > Bunchberry, I'd suggest more warm clothing, such as winter weight
      long johns
      > > &/or fleece sweater and pants PLUS another sleeping pad--maybe a
      thin
      > > inflatable like the ThermARest ultralight. Hopefully this will be
      overkill,
      > > but if not at least you will get a good nights' sleep. And
      remember, when
      > > it gets too cold for the gear you have--switch to sleeping on the
      ground and
      > > return to the comfort of the hammock when temps go back up...Ed

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17
      050658
      > > 43:HM/A=1754452/R=0/SIG=11tn6fnpm/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?
      mqso=60178
      > > 324&partid=4116730> click here
      > >
      > > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
      M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupmai
      > > l/S=:HM/A=1754452/rand=861487963>

      Service