3346Re: Hammock Camping choosing the hammock

  • Bror8588@AOL.com
    Oct 28, 2003
      Choosing a hammock is an individual thing.  Each have different features.

      The Clark Jungle Hammock has pockets built in to the hammock itself where items can be stored (and which may provide insulation in colder temperatures).  It also has an optional super fly (larger than supplied regularly) for an extra $20.00.

      The Hennessy has a unique system of getting into it from the bottom.

      The Speer has several options.  The fly measurement can be selected upon ordering or afterwards.  There is the option of removing (totally) the bug net and the rain shield.  But perhaps the best thing about the development of the Speer Hammock is the PeaPod -- a Sleeping bag which covers the hiker as well as the hammock, thus providing insulation for those colder mornings (nights).

      As I said, each is unique.  If you are not in a hurry to make a selection I would suggest waiting until you can view them at a Hiker's Fair or at a campout where several different ones are actually used.

      One thing I have experienced:  Hammocks are comfortable.

      Skylander
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic