3317Kite building supplies used for Hammocks?
- Oct 20, 2003A freind at work pointed me to the following site for Kite building
Here is a sample list of some products that might apply to
ultralight hammock building:
* 0.50, 0.70, 0.75 and 1.5 oz Ripstop Nylons
* Spectra line in a variety of load strengths (50# - 500#)
* Dacron line
* Graphite and aluminum rods/tubes and bars
* Various fittings, rings, grommets.
* Polypropylene Webbing in a variety of widths.
* much more...
Here is a desciption of "Bainbridge" .75oz Ripstop Nylon:
"Stabilkote 4, a high performance 3/4 ounce spinnaker ripstop nylon,
features an impregnated and coated finish for exceptional bias
stability, zero porosity and added durability.
A First quality fabric, ideal for kites and other inflatable
Sounds like it would make for good tarp material.
They have some 0.70oz Ripstop on sale right now for $3/yd. Normally
$7.75/yd. No good desription on the site to know if it is coated or
Anyway, thought the Ultralight folks on the list might like to hear