3131Re: Bag of Feathers

  • Ray Garlington
    Oct 3 6:30 AM
      I dug out the speer hammock, GI shell version 1 (couldn't find my
      version 2 shell!) and set it up. Air temp was about 45F.

      The pad is about 60" by 30", has all the feathers from an Army mummy
      bag in it and no baffles. I'd estimate that 1/2 the feathers can
      come out and maintain adequate loft. As it is now, there is no
      problem with down shifting, and 45F is abosolutely no challenge with
      regard to keeping warm.

      <rgarling@y...> wrote:
      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Peltier"
      > wrote:
      > > Ray,
      > >
      > > I think you were the one who made the bag of feathers without
      > baffles. I
      > > was wondering how it is working? Have you have a chance to test
      > it? Do you
      > > have cold spots or problems with down shift?
      > Yes I have made a bag of feathers without any baffles; however, it
      > has not been cold enough to test it yet; however, I will set it up
      > tonight and see if the feathers settle enough to matter.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic