3110Re: October Issue of Hammock CAmping News

    Oct 2, 2003
      Ed, just read with interest your article on "How To Waterproof
      Silnylon Fabrics". You talked about two silicone aerosol treatments
      on both sides of an 8' X 5' piece of 1.9 oz/yd^2 ripstop nylon to
      help ensure water-proofness. From talking to you previously and
      having read your book, I believe you are referring to your technique
      for "winterizing" the fabric used on the hammock body. Could this
      technique be used on 1.1 oz/yd^2 ripstop nylon to make a "silnylon"
      tarp... say for someone who found that material in the WalMart $1 Bin?

      Dave

      > I just posted the October issue of the free Hammock Camping News e-
      > zine newsletter! See it at:
      > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.htm
      > or sign up to receive each free monthly issue at:
      > or to sign up via email, send a blank email to:
      > Hammock_Camping_News-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      >
      > This month's feature article is: How to Waterproof Silnylon Fabrics
      > There is also a trip report from out Hammock Hangers campout
      earlier
      > this month. As usual, the many links to other informative web
      sites
      > has been updated and expanded.
      >
      > Happy Hammocking Y'all! ...Ed
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic