      Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 10:13 AM
      Subject: RE: Hammock Camping My rig - long

      Jason:

      I have a picture, but don't know how to post it. If anyone
      can tell me, I'd be glad to try.

      The netting usually makes it all the way to the ground.
      Being 12 feet long it hangs 6 feet on either side of the
      ridgeline. BUT you don't have to worry about getting bit on
      the back. The hammock fabric is tightly enough woven that
      they can't get through it.

      So the additional length is just to make the netting drape
      right. It helps keep it pressed against the side of the
      hammock.

      I've often thought a shorter piece would be better -- keep
      it off the ground and all. I don't know what the perfect
      length would be, but I've tried a 9 x 9 foot square, and it
      seems a little too short.

      I've also tried sewing various parts closed, adding edging,
      etc. but none of it seems worth the trouble.

      I just posted the weights in reply to another query...

      Bear