3095Re: Pads and Bags... Darn cold weather..

  • Coy
    Oct 1, 2003
      Oops No I just cant spell worth a flip.

      Pactrick

      It is easier to not have to get inside a sleeping bag. I have tried
      several ways. I actually like using my smaller bag like a quilt
      with my feet in the bottom but the rest just pulled around me. Fact
      is, I could never get a pad inside this bag even if I wanted to. I
      do have an old school metal valve thermarest pad shaped like a
      sleeping bag, in fact it is the bottom of a sleeping bag. Down
      sleeping bags are pretty much usless on the bottom any way.
      Synthetics fair a little better. I have slept out on a few nights in
      the low 20's upper teens using a blue foam pad and my super wide
      reflectix/fleece pad. But I think I could have made it with the 2
      blue foam pads just as well. My reflectic/fleece pad is a monster,
      40 inches wide at the shoulders and about a pound and a half but
      makes a really big bundle.

      Coy Boy

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "freak_of_nature_98"

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic