3058Hammock Camping Re: Staying warm in a hammock

  • Mirage
    Sep 29, 2003
      The other reason to not sew the down into the hammock is to allow
      the versitility of one hammock for different seasons using
      the "layering" technique we are used to in planning our clothing.

      Unless you plan on having one hammock for cold, and another for
      warm. Just be sure you don't get caught in the wrong wether with
      the wrong hammock ;)

      The idea of a double bottom, GI or underquilt allows for extended
      versitility around a core piece of equipment, the hammock.

      Having said that, someone ought to try it and prove me wrong/right
      so we avoid speculation, right? You know what happens when we
      ass/u/me things...

      Just my $0.02, YMMV.

      Shane "Mirage"...

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Peltier"
      <Thomas@G...> wrote:
      > I was thinking about giving it a few inches of extra material
      across and
      > twice that down the length. Maybe 3 Or 4 wide and as much as 8 or
      10 inches
      > in the length.
      >

      > What I've been toying with the most in my Psycho-type (that's the
      in the
      > head version) how best to do baffles. I don't want to sew to the
      top layer
      > so I'm thinking about tubs that lay over.
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic