2900Re: Upcoming Hammock Hangers Trip--Sep 20 2003!

    Sep 17, 2003
      > We currently have 7 hammock hangers signed up for our overnight
      > campout next Saturday, so it promisses to be a good group.
      > is welcome--see message 2835 or the Sep newsletter for details.
      > We're watching hurrican Isabel very closely! Today, Sunday, it
      > appears it will pass to the east on Fri well before our trip on
      > However it could dump rain causing the creek crossings to be
      > impassable--will keep an eye on the storm and post updates as
      > needed...Ed

      Good News Hammock Hangers! Hurricane Isabel will pass well to the
      east of us, so I don't expect her to interfer with our campout this
      weekend. She is projected to hit the coast of NC mid day tomorrow,
      Thursday, and then pass to the north being completely out of NC by
      Friday am. We may get some wind and rain (50% chance) in west
      central NC on Thurday, but it should all be over by Fri and the
      weekend is forecast to be sunny, hi's in 80's and lows in 60's--
      perfect for our campout! So I will be at the trailhead as planned at
      11:00 am Sat--Hope to see everyone there! See message 2293 or 2835
      or the Aug or Sep Newsletters for trip description and driving
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic