2825Re: OT- DIY Wood Burning Backpacking Stove

  • Ray Garlington
    Sep 9, 2003
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Miguel Arboleda <butuki@g...>
      wrote:
      > Personally I have been most interested in the Inverted Downdraft
      > Gasifier stove.

      Yes, me too. This is what I am shooting for, since it lends itself
      to a relatively-compact vertical package.

      > http://journeytoforever.org/teststove.html (the central
      ventilating
      > tube down the center of this one might answer your drafting problem)

      I had not seen this link before. It is very interesting and is in
      the same vein as what I am trying. Yesterday I had very good success
      forcing all the primary air through a relatively small central air
      hole in the burner assembly.

      > This is the US patent office's description of the now defunct
      BushBuddy Stove:

      Note to others trying to look at this patent: just go to the patent
      office site (http://patft.uspto.gov) and look up patent #5842463 It
      is very surprising that this patent was issued. The processes
      associated with wood gassification have been known far before 1998. I
      think you can find prior art for all his claims.

      > Hope this can give you some ideas to work with.

      Thanks Miguel. Very interesting stuff. I continue to make progress
      and should be able to get a fairly good example going soon.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic