2750Re: Hammock Camping Re: Oh Boy, Cold Wars II, winding up!

  • navjohn@aol.com
    Sep 3, 2003
      In a message dated 9/3/03 08:12:24, rgarling@... writes:

      >If the dog was 'hammock trained', you could have a closed-bottom cone
      >
      >with a side entry for the dog. He would then be suspended above the
      >
      >ground.
      And that would create a very interesting effect when the critter started
      scratching fleas or licking himself in the middle of the night -- would probably
      feel about like a magnitude 8 earthquake. And we won't even contemplate what
      will happen when a skunk starts nosing around the camp. I think I'd opt for
      hot rocks (heated over the campfire before bedtime) in the closed-bottom cone,
      and tie ol' Rover to a nearby tree.
      John
    • Show all 57 messages in this topic