2723Re: Hammock Camping Insulation suit - Perhaps another snake oil remedy- cont

  • dunangus73
    Sep 1, 2003
      ...you try to stuff the beastie in your backpack. One of the neatest
      ideas
      > around right now seems to be the down-filled inflatable mattress.
      Air pressure
      > keeps the down from compressing until you want it to compress, then
      you open the
      > air valve. Try incorporating something like that in your 'jammies.

      Yes, the D.A.M.!I was thinking about that this weekend. Do they work
      well? What I understand from reading about the Stephenson D.A.M. is
      that you may still need a pad underneath it. Too much air circulating
      beneath you. The ability to inflate it would solve the packability
      problem, though. I thought of the closed-cell foam and the fleece
      over it. Maybe that would just be for very cold weather use..Either
      way,I don't think we'd be winning fashion awards, but it may work.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic