2713Insulation suit - Perhaps another snake oil remedy

  • dunangus73
    Aug 31, 2003
      Hi folks,

      Perhaps this is a bizarre idea, but has anyone considered sewing a
      pad into their sleeping clothes? Fleece may be a good fabric that you
      could create a fleece jumpsuit against your skin (I also
      remember "cuddle-nap" pajamas when I was a kid in the early 70s with
      built in feet that may be a good design) with evazolite (spelling?)
      padding insulation over the fleece that covers the lower 3/4 of your
      body (back and sides), and over that would be a breathable (maybe not
      necessary)fabric on the outside to block the wind. You wouldn't have
      to worry about rolling off the pad. It wouldn't be all that different
      from a wetsuit as I understand it, but it would be a 3/4 version. It
      would also block the windÂ…I'm not an engineer so please tell me if
      this idea is not sound. Of course, I have no idea how to make this
      light weight and packable. Any suggestions?

      Take care,
      Dun
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic