2694Prototype VERY wide pad

  • Risk
    Aug 29, 2003
      In my camping over the last few months, using a 27 inch wide Target
      pad and my quilt, I have occasionally found it hard to insulate myself
      from the sides of the hammock, where there is no pad. Many times, I
      have needed to pull the sides of the quilt around me to give some
      insulation from the sides.

      Today, I took one of my Target pads and a second one which I was
      willing to sacrifice. I cut a width of 11 inches and full length from
      the second pad, and then used contact cement to edge glue the strip to
      the pad so that I now have a pad 38 inches wide.

      This pad fits nicely in my 48 inch wide double bottom quarter weight
      hammocks. I look forward to trying it out with my quilt on a nice
      cool night sometime soon. I hope that I can now just use the quilt on
      top of me, and not worry so much about trying to tuck it under me.

      I also expect that I will be building a new quilt this fall. I want
      to see how a one pound down quilt works in comparison to my 30 oz
      polarguard quilt.

      That's the hammock experimenting I spent the day off working on.

      Y'all have fun!

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic