2670Re: Noland & Forney creeks (GSMNP)

  • Coy
    Aug 28, 2003
      Steve, Carol

      Questions for both

      I am planning a trip to SMNP in Oct. My hiking partner has the idea
      to continue from New Found Gap to Fontana Dam on the AT. Only last
      year we had trouble getting the right shelters reserved for our time
      frame and hike, called 1 month in advance which is the earliest you
      can reserve a shelter. I am thinking a loop hike similar to what
      Steve has outlined would be easier (lagisticly) plus I may have a
      few hammock hangers along and I'm not sure what the regs are about
      hanging a hammock at the shelters along the AT. So Steve, are you
      planning on leaving a vehicle at New Foud Gap and is it fairly safe
      to do so? Carol, This shuttle from the boat dock at deep creek. How
      often does it run and how much does it cost in case we decide to do
      a 1-way hike and ride back to the car? TIA

      Coy Boy
      PS I am also considering a hike in Savage Gulf as an alternative.

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Carl Iobst <iobstce@y...>

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic