259RE: Hammock Camping My thoughts on an effective insulator

  • David Chinell
    Jan 22, 2003
      I've been experimenting with the Pea Pod all this winter and it works very well indeed. I find I can take it down to the low 40s with NO sleeping pad and NO extra clothing.
      Below about 42 I need to add a closed-cell foam pad for my back, but my sides still do well down to the mid 30s. Below that, I need extra clothing and sometimes extra padding at the shoulders.
      This is a great product for me, because I really prefer the feeling of the hammock unencumbered by pads.
      It was great to hear you voice a similar preference for the "raw" hammock experience the other day. I thought I might be the only one who cared about the difference.
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic