      From: Bror8588@... [mailto:Bror8588@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 10:15 AM
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Hammock Camping Hammock use in Parks with Ignorant Rangers

      Ed,

      As the leader of this Hammock Site perhaps you could be instrumental in developing some contact with officials who oversee State and National Parks in regard to hammock use,  I imagine that some who have set up hammocks in the past have damaged trees due to a lack of knowledge of your good methods.  Perhaps standards for Hammocking could be established.  It would be a lot more comfortable to hammock camp without fear of reprisal each time a hammock was tied on to a tree.

      What do you think?

      Jack