2312Re: Hammock Camping Hammock tarp size

  • cmcrooker
    Aug 5, 2003
      It sounds like the Equinox long poncho works for Doc because he uses
      it along the diagonal (which would be 119" long on a rectangular 58"
      x 104" tarp). Anyone else have any experience using a rectangular
      tarp as a canopy?

      > Hi Carol and welcome. Small tarps like you mentioned are best
      > for fair weather, but when cold winds and/or rain blow in, a large
      > is worth it's weight in gold! My preference for an 8X10 tarp is no
      > secret to those on this list. Many years of experience have
      > me--my book, newsletters and numerous postings on this list give
      all the
      > reasons; thus I recommend and sell my hammocks only with an 8X10
      > silnylon tarp....Ed
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic