2312Re: Hammock Camping Hammock tarp size

  • cmcrooker
    Aug 5, 2003
      It sounds like the Equinox long poncho works for Doc because he uses
      it along the diagonal (which would be 119" long on a rectangular 58"
      x 104" tarp). Anyone else have any experience using a rectangular
      tarp as a canopy?
      Carol

      > Hi Carol and welcome. Small tarps like you mentioned are best
      suited
      > for fair weather, but when cold winds and/or rain blow in, a large
      tarp
      > is worth it's weight in gold! My preference for an 8X10 tarp is no
      > secret to those on this list. Many years of experience have
      convinced
      > me--my book, newsletters and numerous postings on this list give
      all the
      > reasons; thus I recommend and sell my hammocks only with an 8X10
      > silnylon tarp....Ed

      Equinox
      > extended silnylon poncho/tarp very successfully with his Hennessy
      UL
      > Aysm hammock. According to Campmor web site, that poncho measures
      > 58" x 104".
      > Ryan wrote back to say that the poncho/tarps may be ready to sell
      by
      > the end of the year and to ask what dimensions would be needed to
      > use the poncho/tarp with a hammock. Since I don't own a hammock
      > yet, thought I'd ask you all.
      >
      > What size poncho/tarp would work well as a hammock tarp? Is 58" x
      > 104" optimal? I'm interested in the smallest poncho that will do
      > the job.
      >
      > Thanks for any input.
      > Carol
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1
      705

      065843:HM/A=1693353/R=0/SIG=11t71ok4g/*http://www.netflix.com/Default
      ?mq
      > so=60178294&partid=3170658> click here
      >
      > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
      M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egrou
      > pmail/S=:HM/A=1693353/rand=154501512>

      > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic