2303Re: Hammock Camping Shoulder squeeze

  • ghman777
    Aug 4, 2003
      Wow! Thanx for the quick reply. Im 180# and 5'11. Im not particularly
      wide shouldered but I do move alot in my sleep. I used to have a HH
      but then gave it to my brother because of the same problem. Then
      because I want this to work so much, I got a Byer from Campmor.
      Admittedly the Byer is shorter, but the HH gave me the same problem.
      Maybe I need to find a longer hammock? Do you make one?

      > I assume you are using a solid fabric nylon hammock? I use to have
      this
      > problem when I was testing string net hammocks. You may not be doing
      > anything wrong. If you've tried hanging with LOTS of sag, and you
      still
      > have shoulder squeeze, your hammock may be too small for you. A
      > hammock's comfort is dependent on numerous things, but proper
      length and
      > width are essential--not all hammocks are equal! Excessive shoulder
      > squeeze is a common problem with a hammock that is too short. I
      > recommend a hammock at least 2 feet longer than the occupiant,
      > especially if the hammock is gathered at the ends like the Speer,
      > Hennessy or Clark--the longer the hammock, the more comfortable it
      is;
      > or the shorter the hammock, the less comfortable it is! Hammocks
      with
      > spreader bars or wide tie-out ends may not suffer from this.
      Hammocks
      > made of string net suffer greatly from shoulder squeeze no matter
      how
      > they are pitched. Of course, folks with very broad shoulders &/or
      > excessive weight may have more problems than other folks. We may be
      > able to offer some suggestions if we know what hammock you are
      using,
      > what is your height and weight and what is the length of the
      hammock?
      > ...Ed

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3625325.4914071.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17
      05
      > 065843:HM/A=1695348/R=0/SIG=11u38u3s2/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-
      bin/hi
      > t?page=1374-105951838331032> click here
      >
      > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
      M=259538.3625325.4914071.1261774/D=egrou
      > pmail/S=:HM/A=1695348/rand=780352224>

      > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic