2277Re: Hammock Camping Help sewing velcro on Speer hammock

    Jul 31, 2003
      I had to adjust the tension and slow down the sewing speed. My
      sewing machine manual had instructions/pictures showing which way to
      adjust the tension setting, depending on whether the stitching was
      messing up on the top or the bottom. Once I got it figured out it
      went pretty well. I wasn't good enough to sew on the thin barren
      margins of the velcro tape. I just used a straight stitch on one
      side and then put a second straight stitch on the other side.
      Sometimes when things don't go well, it is time to replace the needle
      and oil the machine.

      Youngblood

      > Chet, I'm not much of a sewing expert myself, but when this has
      happened
      > to me, it turns out to be a problem with the tension adjustment.
      > However this adjustment is very sensitive and often difficult to
      > adjust--make changes slowly only a bit at a time followed with
      several
      > minutes of sewing to give the machine time to readjust. Also are
      you
      > trying to keep the stitching on the thin barren margins of the
      Velcro
      > tape? Try to avoid stitching into or thru the hooks themselves--
      this is
      > somewhat difficult and requires close attention. Hopefully others
      on
      > the list will respond with better suggestions....Ed

      Velcro
      > onto bug netting. Anybody?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Chet
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=256694.3651271.4917408.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17
      05

      065843:HM/A=1688501/R=0/SIG=11if1rb57/*http://webevents.yahoo.com/univ
      er
      > sal/seabiscuit/>
      >
      > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
      M=256694.3651271.4917408.1261774/D=egrou
      > pmail/S=:HM/A=1688501/rand=150339861>

      > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic