      From: Chester Clocksin [mailto:cclocksin@...]
      Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 10:05 PM
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Hammock Camping Help sewing velcro on Speer hammock

      I'm about 80% finished with my Home made speer hammock, but having a problem sewing the velcro to the bugnet. No problem at all sewing the soft side of the velco to the nylon hammock body, but sewing the coarse side of the velcro to the bug net causes a birds nest on the bottom side of the stitching everytime. I've tried both straight stitch and zig-zag, with no success. I'm new to sewing, so I figure out of all the hammock making experts on this list, someone must know a trick for sewing Velcro onto bug netting. Anybody?

      Thanks,
      Chet