2250Re: Hammock Camping Re: Risk's Quarterweight hammock question

  • Chester Clocksin
    Jul 30, 2003
      Rick, thanks for the clarification....makes perfect sense now.
      One more question for you:
      When making the double bottom of the hammock, you mention that you stich the layers together about 25 inches down the sides from each end. Does this keep the middle portion of the inside layer from sagging away from the outer layer? In my latest attempt at a double bottom, the inside layer seems too loose, even after pulling the ends of the inside layer an inch or so longer than the outside layer (which is pulled up about 2 inches). I was attempting to to just tie the double layer together without sewing them together at all. Seems the double bottom is going to very nice for holding a foam in place, if I could just get it right!

      Thanks,
      Chet

      Risk <geoflyfisher@...> wrote:
      No,

      I pin that curved edge to the straight edge of the rectangular hammock
      cloth and sew the two together.  Then the bugnet is included in the
      hammock knot as Scott mentioned.  I do not shorten nor lengthen the
      cloth in that knot.

      Rick

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Chester Clocksin
      <cclocksin@a...> wrote:
      > Rick,
      > Do you sew the curved edge straight across, so that only a portion
      of the curved edge is actually sewn to the hammock body?