2247Re: Hammock Camping Re: Risk's Quarterweight hammock question

  • Chester Clocksin
    Jul 30, 2003
      Rick,
      Do you sew the curved edge straight across, so that only a portion of the curved edge is actually sewn to the hammock body?

      Chet

      Risk <geoflyfisher@...> wrote:
      Hi Scott,

      I assume you cut the bug net in the way I describe on the page.  To
      make it more clear, I have just drawn a picture of the bug net
      pattern here:

      http://www.flyfisher-kayaks.com/ultralite/hammockbugnetpattern.jpg

      The idea of course, is that the chord of the circle segment is the
      shortest distance across cloth in the whole hammock, so if anything
      is tight, it has to be.

      Did you start with the bug net like this?

      Rick
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Scott A. Ferguson"