2244Re: Hammock Camping newbie query: changing clothing

  • Risk
    Jul 30, 2003
      Hi Ted,

      Yep, like Ed, I sit in the hammock to change a shirt, but end up
      standing up to change pants. It's just easier that way.

      Before hooking on to those porch pillars, remember that each of the
      hammock support ropes/webbings can pull laterally with a force of
      several hundred pounds. I'd hate to see the porch roof come down on
      your head. If you think the post could stand 4 of the high school
      football team linemen pushing on it, then it should be strong enough
      to hold a hammock.

      You may want to go find yourself a nice couple trees.

      Rick