2243Re: Hammock Camping newbie query: changing clothing

  • tall2tango
    Jul 30, 2003
      Hi Ed,

      Thanx for the wisdom. That makes a lot of sense and sure beats being
      a contortionist! Next thing I need to check out is the spacing of the
      porch pillars to see if I have a place to practice setting up. A
      quick measurement tonight will confirm that.

      > Hi Ted, changing clothes in a hammock can be too challenging! It
      can be
      > done, but generally with too much difficulty. I solve the problem
      > using a large tarp--my 8X10 is NOT attached to the hammock and thus
      > be pitched high enough above the hammock to allow me to stand up and
      > still be totally protected from rain under the tarp! The
      convenience of
      > standing up under the tarp to change clothes, load/unload the pack,
      > a leak, etc is a major feature of this system. Staying dry while
      > camp chores is an absolute must in fowl weather. I call it my
      > shelter! Hammocks with small tarps may lack these features.
      Privacy of
      > course can be an issue if other campers are around, but the tarp
      > can be lowered enough to provide blockage if needed...Ed
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic