20538Ripstop material source

  • Jeff Creamer
    May 19, 2010
      I am new to hammock camping and hoping to build my first hammock from scratch.  There are great resources regarding how to do it.  But, I am having difficulty locating the material at a reasonable price.  I am a scoutmaster and would like for my guys to make their own hammocks.  However, due to different economic backgrounds, cost is somewhat of an issue.  Anyone have a source for materials that is "reasonable"?  I really don't know exactly what a fair price is since I am new to this, but so far I can find nothing less than $6/yard.  This may be as good as it gets.
      Also, any recommendations for helping the guys with this would be great.  I am planning on sewing the margins for them and letting them do the rest of the assembly.
      Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
      Jeff.