20480Re: How do you wash a down sleeping bag?

  • LoveRise@aol.com
    May 4, 2010
      Great tips Cara...thank you for sharing!

      Celebrate Life!

      Laurie (http://www.youtube.com/user/LoveRise) _YouTube - Hiking Castle
      Rock_ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8dvNx4LqzY)

      "Make the journey worthy of the destination"

      I took the comforter and put it into my washing machine (Japanese made,
      top-loading, no central agitator), removed the mesh bag, and turned on
      the spin cycle. I ran the bag through about 40 minutes of spin. Then,
      I hung the bag in the sun for two days, fluffing whenever I thought
      about it.

      It's during the drying that I've learned to appreciate the black side of
      the JRB quilts. When I washed my no-sniveler, it dried in <4 hours of
      direct sunlight! I am contemplating dying the comforter black!