20359Re: Hammock hiker, "K1" book, "Three Hundred Zeroes" now available.

  • Dennis
    Apr 7, 2010
      Thank you Kit-Kat. What the readers may not realize is that not only are you a serious hiker, you're also a serious Trail Angel. When I was passing through New Hampshire with two other thru-hikers Kit-Kat dropped everything she was doing to rush out and pick us up and haul us around for resupply and wined and dined us and absolutely refused to take anything in return.

      We were stunned by the generosity and caring. Kit-Kat, and so many others like her, make hiking far more than just a fun walk in the woods. They gave me a whole new appreciation for the everyday citizens of this country.

      Enjoy your hammock Kit-Kat and see you out there on the trail!

      Dennis, "K1"
      Sarasota, FL

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "kd2vx6" <kd2vx@...> wrote:

      > Hey "K1",
      >
      > Welcome!! I too have been lurking for far too long. Between your practical experience with your HH and the wealth of info I've gleaned from this group, I'm confident that I'll be "hanging" when I return to the AT.
      >
      > Kathy
      > "Kit-Kat"
      > KD2VX

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic