20272Re: [Hammock Camping] Hennessy Expedition Asym

  • Ralph Oborn
    Nov 7, 2009
      On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 7:39 AM, Colby <colby@...> wrote:

      > Hey everyone,
      >
      > I'm a back country hiker in the Smoky Mountains. I'm considering
      > purchasing a Hennessey Expedition Asym instead of getting a new tent and
      > have a few questions if anyone could help, I'd appreciate it:
      >
      > 1. The description says that it is geared for people below 6 foot. I'm
      > 6'2" which is real close and there is additional cost and weight to the
      > taller one. Anyone know if it is that tight of a fit or do you think I
      > could get by?
      >
      > 2. I keep reading about having pads and additional gear for cold weather.
      > It is rarely (if ever) below 40 anytime I'm out. I have a thermarest,
      > would I need it, would the thermarest suffice?
      >
      > 3. Any general thoughts on the Expedition Asym as in quality, anything
      > that you would suggest me to consider.
      >
      > Thanks ahead of time,
      > Colby

      1. I'm about your height and went for the bigger one, well worth it!
      2.My thermarest works fine to about 40° . but bring a couple of small one
      foot square closed cell pads to put between the sides of the hammock and
      your knees and butt! Sides matter in a hammock. :]
      3. Hennessy quality is amazing. Get the tree huggers, I made (or my wife
      made) my own snakeskins, but they are worth having also!

      Ralph