      From: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com [mailto:hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of Arye P. R.
      Sent: Friday, October 16, 2009 6:48 AM
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: assist in hanging higher on the tree

      Stretch is relative to multiple factors - the material, the weave, the
      length under load, and the strength (load capacity) of the rope/strap being
      used. All these factors determine the amount of stretch a user will get.
      Also how a material is treated by the manufacturer in manufacturing and how
      a material is treated by the end user in use.

      "poly" says nothing Used here it is a consumer abbreviation for a group of
      materials plastics rope fabric... Be specific, polyester or polypropylene.
      All have materials by end use manufacturer have different characteristics -
      abrasion, stretch, chemical, UV, resistance to name a few.

      SapereAude,

      Arye P. Rubenstein