      From: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com [mailto:hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of ratsmouth@...
      Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2009 4:30 PM
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: assist in hanging higher on the tree

      Mine's a HH - the big ol' honkin' one. I use Tree Huggers and the cord that
      came with the hammock. The first time I put it up, the trees were pretty
      close together. I had maybe a foot of cord extending out from the tree on
      each end of the hammock. No problem, although it still rode fairly low. I
      tied it off about 6' up the trees. It worked for the couple of nights I was
      there, and it didn't stretch or sag once it was up. I really don't think
      it's a question of stretching cords, but of distance between trees.

      The next time I set up the hammock, the trees were probably 20'-25'
      apart. Getting the Tree Huggers high enough was a struggle, and there was
      just too much "give", so I still ended up with my butt on the ground when I
      got into it.

      Also, the HH has quite a bit of natural "give" to it so you can lie flatter
      once you're inside. I'm going to figure this out because I loved the first
      couple of nights I slept in my hammock, and I really would like to make this
      my first choice in shelters.

      Getting to MD is not a possibility. Getting ANYWHERE right now is not a
      possibility. But thanks for the offer of hands-on help.

      BTW, y'all.....Ratty's a girl.

      Ratty

      database 4512 (20091015) __________

      http://www.eset.com