      From: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com [mailto:hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of David
      Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2009 12:53 PM
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Hammock Camping] Re: assist in hanging higher on the tree

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Goller" <jerrygoller@...>
      wrote:

      > I have to admit, I'm mildly mystified by this thread. What straps and
      > cord material are you all using? I'm not getting *that* much sag on my
      > hammock when I get in it.
      >
      > Jerry

      Jerry,
      Ratty has a different problem from mine. I suspect he's using rope or straps
      that stretch. I use 7/64" amsteel with a structural ridgeline and dacron
      straps. In cold weather I need to hang my hammock higher than usual to leave
      room for my dog's insulated hammock underneath because he has no winter coat
      to keep him warm. Do you know how many times a dog stands up and turns
      around during the night? He bumps into my butt. (I think it bothers him more
      than it does me.) Life was simpler with my previous pack-dog; she would
      happily curl up on snowy ground and bury her nose in her tail.
      David

      database 4511 (20091015) __________

      http://www.eset.com

      database 4511 (20091015) __________