20233[Hammock Camping] Re: assist in hanging higher on the tree

  • David
    Oct 15, 2009
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Goller" <jerrygoller@...> wrote:

      > I have to admit, I'm mildly mystified by this thread. What straps and cord
      > material are you all using? I'm not getting *that* much sag on my hammock
      > when I get in it.
      >
      > Jerry

      Jerry,
      Ratty has a different problem from mine. I suspect he's using rope or straps that stretch. I use 7/64" amsteel with a structural ridgeline and dacron straps. In cold weather I need to hang my hammock higher than usual to leave room for my dog's insulated hammock underneath because he has no winter coat to keep him warm. Do you know how many times a dog stands up and turns around during the night? He bumps into my butt. (I think it bothers him more than it does me.) Life was simpler with my previous pack-dog; she would happily curl up on snowy ground and bury her nose in her tail.
      David
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic