      From: Rosaleen Sullivan <rosaleen43@...>
      To: hammockcamping <hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thu, October 15, 2009 6:03:51 AM
      Subject: [Hammock Camping] Re: assist in hanging higher on the tree

      Sorry about the "send" with probably a whole digest. I don't know what happened. Poltergeists, or maybe not enough cofee?

      So, Ratty, we need to get together so I can see what is going on. We have too much family stuff happening for me to get on the trail right now, EXCEPT for a quick trip to the fall MAHHA next month. If you can make it to a gathering of a bunch of hammock hangers at Gathland State Park in MD, a group will hook up the weekend of Nov. 6.

      How large is your hammock? I'm remembering Shane Steincamp's admonition that Tom Hennessy's instructions have the hammock too low. Well, for Shane's 5'7" or so, he does need to hang his hammock higher. He was using an Explorer. That hammock is longer and deeper. His shoulder- or eye-level will be different from a taller person's from the start, then add the deeper hammock and a shift in placement becomes an obvious need.

      If you start off with an appropriate height, but end up on the ground overnight, the Treehuggers or knots could be slipping. We are too far apart for a day trip meeting, but might work out something longer. It is too bad winter is upon us and I'm so tied up. Send me a PM, if you like, so we can talk more.

      Regards,

      Rosaleen

      Re: assist in hanging higher on the tree
      Posted by: "ratsmouth@aol. com" ratsmouth@aol. com holliscbarton
      Date: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:03 pm ((PDT))

      I'd be interested in seeing answers to this question as well. Getting
      enough "altitude" seems to be my main problem when it comes to hanging
      my hammock. I'm 5'8" tall and have a tough time getting the tree
      huggers high enough on the tree to get my butt off the ground.

      Ratty

      http://clk.atdmt com/GBL/go/ 177141665/ direct/01/