20133Re: Is this forum dead?

  • flomotflashjr
    Sep 20, 2009
      John,
      How long are the straps on your hammock? The method to tie off with attatched straps depends greatly on how much extra strap you have after wraping the trees. If I have enough strap left I like to use a ratcheting knot. Pull a bight through a loop in the strap a couple of feet from the trunk. Pass the tag end twice around the tree and pull through the bite. Pull the tag end until the desired sag is reached in your hammock and then tie off with a half hitch on a bight. When your ready to break camp just pull the tag end and the whole thing comes untied easily. NOTE... when pulling the bight through the loop always from the bight on the tag end side of the loop.
      I hang my kids travle hammocks by passing the appropriate loop on the ENO strap through the loop on the hammock and then putting one of my titanium tent nails through the ENO strap loop. Super easy, fast and won't let you down in the middle of the night. A thumb sized green stick will do the trick too.