      From: eglonwv <eglonwv@...>
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2009 7:14:01 PM
      Subject: [Hammock Camping] Hammock from recycled materials

      I use a HH for my bicycle camping trips. I am looking for ideas for making a similar hammock from recycled materials for use by my two grandsons who are Cub Scout age.

      Users – 5 feet or less, less than 100 lbs, age 6-11 (basically Cub Scout age and size)
      Materials –recycled material, readily available at low or no cost from thrift shops, hotels, etc
      Use bed sheets, blankets, curtains, canvas, clothing
      Use sheer curtains for netting.
      Cordage - - plastic pallet strapping (braid in roping), electrical wire, other
      Rain Fly – trash bags, paint drop cloths,
      Tools – scissors, needle, NO SEWING MACHINE, tape.
      Keep cost of purchased items under $10.
      Keep design easily done by a scout with some guidance by an adult

      Any other ideas or sources are available for making a hammock of recycled material?

      LeeG