20063Re: Hammock for Brazil and South America

  • proteorio
    Jun 1, 2009
      Hi ,
      Nice to meet you. Sorry for the delay in replying I have just been a bit busy.
      Seems the Warbonnet Blackbird be a popular model and a very good one. The price is a little expensive, plus the cost of shipping, all together it's a lot of money and my budget is tight. But I will think about.
      Otto

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "dennisdeshazo" <dennis.deshazo@...> wrote:

      > I really think it would be hard for a mosquito to bite through my Warbonnet Blackbird. It is a dual layer 1.7 thickness, which is still light enough at 31 ounces (878 grams), yet thick enough to keep mosquitos at bay. Also should you choose to put a pad in the pocket, it would definitely rule out any bites from the bottom side. The Blackbird does come with the no see-um netting across the top. The ridgeline keeps the netting plenty far away from your face while in the hammock. He also sells the Traveler hammock which does not have the attached zippered netting, but the cocoon type can be ordered separately off the website as well.--- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Sandy Kramer" <sandykayak@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Here's another one....only $40, but it appears that you will need several trees as it has four tie-outs...good for spreading the netting open, but not sure how to attach. Perhaps someone else has used one of these?
      > >
      > > In addition to my Byer's of Maine Moskito Traveller, I have a Treklight double that doesn't have any mesh, so I'm interested.
      > >
      > > any comments on comparing this one with the ENO one I posted before?
      > >
      > > which one would you buy?
      > >
      > > http://www.joessports.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1472652&CAWELAID=103771021
      > >
      > > sandy in miami
      > >
      > > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Sandy Kramer" <sandykayak@> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Otto, this is the separate mosquito netting option I was talking about. It's not very easy to see/understand in their photo, but at the bottom right there are diagrams.
      > > >
      > > > These are a good addition to a regular hammock that doesn't come with netting....or one that has regular netting and not no see'um mesh.
      > > >
      > > > http://www.eaglesnestoutfittersinc.com/guardian-bug-net.html
      > > >
      > > > sandy in miami

    • Show all 59 messages in this topic