20061Re: Hammock for Brazil and South America

  • lpon2000
    May 30, 2009
      He means that permethrin is a neurotoxin and very dangerous to cats, amphibians or other small animals in liquid form. You spray it on clothing or other fabrics such as hammocks or tents - I use it on straps and hammock bottom, pant legs, and gaiters to prevent crawling insects like ticks, they die if they remain in contact with the clothing. Once it dries in the fabric it bonds to it and lasts for a number of washings.

      If the application you have is a lotion, it's not permethrin. You do not apply it to the skin at all.

      Lori

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "proteorio" <proteorio@...> wrote:

      > Hi Rich,
      > Nice to meet you. Sorry for the delay in replying I have just been a bit busy
      > Thanks for the useful link.I visited the REI site. Permethrin is very interesting. On the internet I find here, in Brazil, what I think is the corresponding product in Portuguese called "permetrina and is sold in chemistries under different name (Toppyc, Kwell, Nedax). Is a lotion (ml. 60 – 10mg./ml.) and is not very expensive.
      > What do you mean . "The stuff is amazing, but it must be used properly!"
      > Otto
    • Show all 59 messages in this topic