2005RE: Hammock Camping Summer and the hammock

  • David Anderson
    Jul 2, 2003
      At 11:15 PM 7/2/2003 -0500, you wrote:
      >The lowest temperature you can go padless is a function of both humidity and
      >wind speed. I've been very comfortable padless all the way down to 60, but
      >I've also been chilly in temperatures as high as 80. A stiff breeze can
      >take the heat right away from you. I almost ALWAYS carry the pad, just in
      >case.
      >
      >Shane

      Thanks for reminding me why I love the northwest in the summer! Most days
      we never hit 80, even at sea level. And if I go climb up a few thousand
      feet I get to sleep in nice comfortable 40 degree nights.

      --
      David Anderson
      Moderator