      From: "ratsmouth@..." <ratsmouth@...>
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 6:02:38 PM
      Subject: Re: Monkey bread, was dressing was Re: [Hammock Camping] Hey folks

      Yuh. Easy to make, very yummy pull-apart bread. I have an 8" Dutch
      oven that goes most places with me (kayak and car camping), and Monkey
      Bread has gotten to be sort of popular with my camping buddies, so I
      make it almost every time we go anywhere.

      Make a foil liner for Dutch oven (molded to fit the inside so the lid
      will fit tight), remove liner to use while doing the prep work, preheat
      Dutch oven.
      Cut refrigerated biscuit dough (Pillsbury Grands or whatever) into
      quarters, roll into balls and dip each in melted butter, roll in brown
      sugar/cinnamon mixture. Pour a little extra melted butter into the
      foil liner and sprinkle some of the cinnamon/brown sugar in the bottom,
      then add the dough balls in layers.
      Put the liner and prepped Monkey Bread dough into the heated Dutch
      oven, set over coals, cover, and add coals to lid.

      Check in a few minutes (maybe 15-20). When browned, pull liner and all
      out of the Dutch oven, break out the butter, alert the hungry natives,
      and pig out.

      Can I hijack a thread, or what?

      Ratty