19967Re: Best Rain Fly

  • boardmanmw
    Apr 17, 2009
      I posted one picture in the photos folder, titled "Quetico June 2007". Shows my 8X10 fly staked out with shock cords. The left end is pulled together, with the right side still open. Taken between intense bouts of gusty rain. You can see the bug net hanging down. I was the only hanger on the trip; all the others, in tents, got wet. As I said before, what I like about shock cords is their versatility, and how fast it all goes up, or comes down. I later moved to a more wind-sheltered site, and it only took minutes. Good luck in the rain. MWB

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "kerrilarkin" <kerrilarkin@...> wrote:
      > Thanks Lori and MWB - some good advice there!. I'm still waiting to find a place I can try hanging my hammock to test it out. Nowhere I've been recently has trees! I'm visiting friends on the North Coast of New South Wales (Australia), where it's been raining most days since Christmas - definately a good placde to have a well thought out rain fly at present, and even better for hanging - the ground is a bog!.
      > Kerri
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic